Tuesday, January 13, 2015

thom browne pre fall 2015


I don't post very often about current womenswear collections.  I do like fashion, am often frustrated by it, and by no means do I follow it closely.  But this collection by Thom Browne (for Pre-Fall 2015) caught my eye.  It is based on the concept of the uniform, and apparently that's something I like (see my somewhat confused love for the Fall 2013 Jil Sander collection, here).  After wearing a Catholic grade school uniform as a child, and rebelling against it ever since, I'm unsure why the concept appeals to me so much.  One thing is certain, though:  the mix of patterns/prints and textures here gives the collection an eclectic feel and really makes the simple shapes used seem less like a uniform.

What else I know I love is the menswear tailoring (and ties!), the short trousers, the coats, and the interesting layers.  Oh, and the accessories--big bags, oxfords, sleek ankle boots, and fun socks.




You can look at the full collection here at WWD.com.

xo
K




1 comment:

  1. This has been my favorite pre-fall as well. I especially love the jackets. If you have ever had the chance to see Thom Browne's clothes in person, you know how beautifully made they are as well. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin