A lovely if haunting winter scene and a spring green interior . . . some inspiration from the last month. See more by following me on Pinterest and Tumblr.
clockwise, from upper left:
* The dining room in the Paris apartment of Paul Poiret, 1913. Those leafy/fern-like designs (painted?) on the walls are so gorgeous. | University of Heidelberg
* I love Charles Burchfield's paintings; this one really captures the end of winter snowmelt period. Street Vista in Winter, by Charles E. Burchfield, 1957-1960. | Burchfield Penney Art Center
* The tin lady? This funny little cabinet card is circa 1870-1890, and advertises a hardware store in Cadillac, Michigan. (And it sold for over $500.00!) | Cowan's Auctions
* A very pretty folkloric wool dress, by Luelle Ballerino, 1938. | FIDM Museum
* A page from Floriated Ornament: a series of thirty-one designs, by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1849. | Clark | Mary Ann Beinecke Collection