I love tweed. It's classic and it looks amazing. Clearly I'm not alone. When I find nice tweed pieces for the shop, they rarely stick around for long. And when I ran across the below photos of tweed fashions from a 1938 Life magazine shoot earlier this summer, they started getting me very much in the mood for autumn!
It's still too warm here for tweed, but soon it won't be. So I decided to round up some tweed picks from Etsy, and discovered a great range. There's quality vintage tweed fashions from every era to be found, as well as artisans and designers who are crafting accessories and fashions from tweed. There's even tweed for the smartly-dressed pup!
|Photos taken in October 1938 by Margaret Bourke-White of models wearing new tweed fashion, all for LIFE magazine (source).|
clockwise, starting upper left corner:
* 1970s men's Harris tweed blazer | SmallEarthVintage
* 1940s Tweedies peeptoe pumps | shopgoodgrace
* 1980s belted cropped trousers from Guy Laroche Paris | missfarfalla
* antique Edwardian brown jacket | CanaryClubVintage
* 1960s three piece suit | LoveCharles
* knotted tweed bracelet | DisByBergdis
* herringbone dog collar and bow tie | charliebegood
* herringbone and waxed canvas tote | metaphore
* olive plaid wallet | ohsoretro
* mustard herringbone belted cape | 13threads