Just a small selection of beautiful images from April. I don't know anything about the artist Marie Montard, but isn't that book village charming and clever? And if anyone has seen a photograph of the gorgeous Georges Doeuillet dress in the illustration, please let me know. It's incredible.
* 1930s embroidered wool dress | millstreetvintage
* Lull in Summer Rain, by Charles Burchfield, 1916 | Avery Galleries
* Village de livres, book art by Marie Montard | mariemontard.com
* A woman named Zola Campbell, rowing a boat on Lake Louise in Alberta, Canada, ca. 1910-1913. | Glenbow Museum Archives on Flickr
* 1920 fashion illustration for couturier Georges Doeuillet, by André-Edouard Marty. | NYPL Digital Collections